NOTICE: The information below was obtained directly from Florida State Statutes and the Division of Motorist Services’ website. Links are provided so you may access the content of the statutes and the DMS website.
- EFS is used by RV dealers to process title and registration transactions at point of sale.
- Through this system, RV dealers may transfer a customer’s metal license plate to the RV sold to the customer.
- RV dealers may also issue new metal license plates to customers who do not have a metal license plate to transfer.
- RV dealers must contract with one of four third-party providers to offer this service. The providers are AutoDataDirect, Title Technologies CVR and Decision Dynamics, Inc.
You may access additional information about the EFS system by clicking here or reading below.
Electronic Filing System (EFS)
EFS is a system available to Tax Collectors to allow organizations the ability to electronically submit forms and fees to the Tax Collector and the Department. EFS is used primarily by auto dealers and fleet companies to process title and registration transactions at the point of sale. It is a Government/Private Partnership where Tax Collectors supervise the approved organizations and contract with certified service providers who transmit the data between the organizations, tax collectors and Department. The Department provides the interface necessary for the EFS vendors to submit title applications.
Dealers and other organizations wishing to participate should contact one of the certified service providers. There are currently two certified service providers available, CVR and Title Technologies (websites are listed below). The dealer or organization will then sign a contract with the Tax Collector in their county. There are various requirements for an organization to use EFS, including insurance and security requirements.
On July 1, 2010 oversight of the EFS program was transferred to the Department.
- Florida Tax Collectors
- Florida Administrative Weekly
- Approved EFS Rules
- Vendor Account Payment
- Application to Become an Authorized EFS Agent/Change of Certified Service Provider (HSMV Form 82083)
- EFS Criminal History Certification Affidavit
- EFS and ETR Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Retail Buyer’s Order
Certified Service Providers: